Saturday, January 5, 2008

Official contact point for ISABS members of the Mumbai region

Hi everyone,

We had a "monthly meeting" today at Pratima's place on the Juhu Versova link road. Altaf and Pratima had organized it and Pratima's home was fabulous, and the warmth with which Pratima welcomed us there and her enthusiasm as the host was even better.

An important thing came to our notice. Monthly meetings are not really happening monthly, and it is very difficult to communicate these meetings to everyone in the chapter, so that they can avail the opportunity.

This blog has come to birth from this need to be able to communicate these things to everyone easily. I am also taking the liberty of adding every name I come across of people from the Mumbai chapter on a newsletter (That originally runs on my website - I'm just creating a special newsletter list for us). This is immediate measures to bring about a change.

Eventually, I am planning on having a website dedicated to this, and the newsletter software installed on it as well, so that it is a completely independent thing. Then, I would even add discussion forums. That will take an investment of time and money, so if this goes well, and we need the independence, that would be the next logical step.

In the meanwhile, here's how you can help:
  1. Spread this website url to ISABS members from this region, so that they know where to look to see what's happening in our area.
  2. If you are not getting newsletters from us, and would like to receive them, or if you have email addresses of people in this region, share them with us, so that we can add them to the newsletter, and can be included in the flow of things.
  3. If you have something to share, feel free to contact me and ask me to put it up here, or join this blog and let me know, and let me know so that I can give you the rights to post here directly.
  4. Add to this list with things I may have missed :D
Its a small, but significant step, that will enable us to remain in touch and keep our awareness high between labs. It will also be a platform for us to interact any time we like.

Cheers to this new step, and I hope this takes off flying.

Vidyut

No comments: